YOU ARE HERE: Home > Legal
Organization and Structure.
The AroundIndy.com Web site launched on February 1, 2003. AroundIndy.com, LLC is a Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) registered with the Indiana Secretary of State on February 26, 2003, and organized in accordance with the laws of the state of Indiana, United States of America. Every effort has been taken to ensure full compliance with Federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
This site is owned and operated by AroundIndy.com, LLC. We have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the site, including, without limitation, the content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use of the site.
You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the site and all charges related thereto.
All information published on this World-Wide Web site is presented in good faith by AroundIndy.com, LLC, and we believe the information was accurate at the time it was published. We will not knowingly or intentionally publish any false or misleading information. We will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that information presented is accurate. However, there are a number of factors such as weather conditions and other unexpected situations that may result in a change in or cancellation of previously announced events (especially outdoor events). Hence, ALWAYS check with the venue to make sure that tickets are available and ticket prices are correct, that the event has not been sold out, canceled, postponed or moved, that the time and/or date has not been changed, etc. Please notify us immediately if you are aware of any inaccurate information in one of our listings.
Use Common Sense.
Before you approach any private residence or individual venue listed herein (for example, garage sales, yard sales, etc.), use your common sense to decide if it is safe to do so. For example, if you arrive at the given address for a yard sale and can see no visual evidence of a yard sale in progress (no merchandise, no people visible, etc.), be suspicious. It is your sole responsibility to determine if any hazards of any kind exist on that property that might make it unsafe for you to visit the property. Some hazards to be aware of include, but are not limited to: property owners with ulterior motives, dangerous animals (such as dogs that bite), dangerous conditions (such as icy driveways or sidewalks, holes, and other hazards), etc. If anything does not look right or "feel" right, it is better for you to leave immediately than to take an unnecessary chance. As stated above, all information published herein is presented in good faith. However, we cannot investigate or inspect each location individually to determine if the event is legitimate, if the neighborhood is safe, or if the activity being conducted is legal and lawful. AroundIndy.com, LLC will not be responsible in the event of any incident that may arise out of your use of any public or private venue listed herein.
All content on the pages of this World-Wide Web site is protected by United States Copyright Law in accordance with U.S.C. Title 17. The information contained on the pages of this site is for the private use of our users. Nothing on the pages of this World-Wide Web site may be copied or reproduced in any way without the expressed written consent of AroundIndy.com, LLC. The site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including—without limitation—text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the contents of the site are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the expressed written permission of AroundIndy.com, LLC and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made and no ownership rights shall be transferred.
Use of Copyrighted Material.
You shall not e-mail, upload, post or otherwise make available on the site any material protected by the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Subject to AroundIndy.com, LLC's policies regarding privacy, any e-mails, notes, message/billboard/forum postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary and will become the property of AroundIndy.com, LLC throughout the universe. By submitting material to AroundIndy.com, LLC, you automatically grant or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted AroundIndy.com, LLC the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user of the site to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that user's personal use. You grant AroundIndy.com, LLC the right to edit, copy, display, publish and distribute this material as deemed appropriate at our sole discretion.
The foregoing provisions are for the benefit of AroundIndy.com, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
You shall use the site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. Without AroundIndy.com, LLC's expressed prior approval, you shall not post or transmit through the site any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. You shall not use the site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other online information services competitive with the site. Any conduct by you that in AroundIndy.com, LLC's sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the site will not be permitted.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
A. You expressly agree that use of this World-Wide Web site is at your sole risk. Neither AroundIndy.com, LLC, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the site, or from the information contained therein, or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information, service or merchandise provided through the site.
B. The site is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction of modification under applicable law. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the site.
C. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, inaccuracy, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of this site, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior (including strict liability), negligence, or under any other cause of action, to the fullest extent permissible by law. This does not affect any statutory rights which may not be disclaimed. You specifically acknowledge that AroundIndy.com, LLC is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third-parties over which it has no control.
D. To the fullest extent permissible by law, in no event shall AroundIndy.com, LLC's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action whether in contract, tort (including its own negligence) or under any other legal theory (including strict liability) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site. This does not affect any statutory rights which may not be disclaimed.
AroundIndy.com, LLC shall have the right at its sole discretion to refuse to post or to remove any material submitted to or posted on the site. Without limiting the foregoing, AroundIndy.com, LLC shall have the right to remove any material that we find, in our sole discretion, to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AroundIndy.com, LLC and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of your use of the site.
AroundIndy.com, LLC assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the site.
We have obtained written permission from the venues that appear within these pages to list their events, or a venue or its designated representative has contacted us directly with the information for a listing. Hence, these events may not be reproduced in any other form without the written consent of the venue who owns or controls these events. Nothing on the pages of AroundIndy.com, LLC may be reproduced in any other form or published in any manner without the written consent of the management of AroundIndy.com, LLC.
The appearance of an advertisement on any page of this World-Wide Web site does not constitute an endorsement by the venue to whom that page is dedicated. The venues have no knowledge of, editorial control over, or input into what advertisements appear on any of the pages of AroundIndy.com, LLC. Further, AroundIndy.com, LLC does not endorse any product, service or company advertised on the pages of this World-Wide Web site.
We do NOT guarantee that every event submission will be published on our Web site. Publication of an event listing on the AroundIndy.com Web site does NOT guarantee that it will appear in our daily Blog, in our daily syndication feed or in our daily Podcast. These features of the AroundIndy.com Web site contain a brief synopsis and overview of area events for any given day and are chosen at random from available information.
We reserve the right to decline to accept any advertisement, at our sole discretion, for any reason. In particular, we will not knowingly accept an advertisement for any illegal or unlawful activity or one that is deemed solely by us to be unethical or immoral.
We reserve the right to decline to publish any image submitted in connection with an advertisement, at our sole discretion, for any reason.
We reserve the right to decline to list any submitted event for any reason without notice. In particular, we will not knowingly publish any illegal or unlawful activity or one that is deemed solely by us to be unethical or immoral.
We reserve the right to decline to promote any public or private venue for any reason without notice. In particular, we will not knowingly promote any venue that is conducting illegal or unlawful activity or activity that is deemed solely by us to be unethical or immoral. In the interest of the safety and security of our site users, we will not publish event submissions that do not contain an address for the event, especially those events located at private residences.
All company names or product names mentioned within the pages of this World-Wide Web site are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
AroundIndy.com, LLC has the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to use of the site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, without limitation, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on the site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means. Any use of the site by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions.
External Web Links.
The AroundIndy.com, LLC World-Wide Web site incorporates hyperlinks to many other World-Wide Web sites. AroundIndy.com, LLC does not in any way endorse, nor is it responsible for, the content on any other World-Wide Web site.
AroundIndy.com, LLC takes your privacy very seriously! We are providing the following disclosures and information about our policies to explain how we handle personally identifiable information about you or your computer:
1. If you voluntarily subscribe to our free e-mail newsletter, we ask only for your e-mail address--nothing else, not even your name. Your e-mail address is stored in an offline database in Microsoft Excel; this file is periodically backed up to an external hard drive. We permanently keep a printed record of your subscription request for our records, and we also permanently keep a printed record if you unsubscribe from our newsletter. We will not give, sell, or rent your e-mail address to anyone—period.
2. If you voluntarily subscribe to any of our free RSS Feeds (Blogger.com, Wordpress.com, MySpace.com, etc.), no one knows that you subscribed except you. There is no record of your subscription anywhere.
3. If you are the contact person for submitting events for your venue, or if you are the contact person for companies that advertise on our Web site, your contact information may be maintained in an offline database file, and periodically backed up to an external hard drive.
4. If you have contacted us via e-mail, we may save your name and e-mail address, and these data are also periodically backed up to an external hard drive.
5. If you send us an event submission via e-mail, fax, or US mail, we save a printed copy of the submission offline in a filing cabinet. This filing cabinet is purged periodically and the paperwork and all your contact information (name, e-mail, phone, etc.) is shredded in a cross-shredding shredding machine. If we publish your event submission, the event listing and your contact information is stored in a database record in a secure online database maintained by our Internet Service Provider, PowWeb.com, on a secure server. Outdated events are deleted periodically, thereby removing your contact information from the online database. We periodically back up the online databases to local files on our office computers.
6. For OUR protection in avoiding bogus or deceitful submissions, we do not publish anonymous event submissions. You must include your real name, email address, telephone number, and Web site address or we will not publish your event submission. We reserve the right to contact you to verify the submission information. When we are done with this information, we shred it.
7. For YOUR protection, we exclude your name and e-mail address from our published event listings. The phone number you provide for more informaton about your events will be published online. You must provide this information with your event submission to have your event considered for publication. When we are done with this information, we shred it.
8. We do not set any cookies that are transmitted to your computer when you access any of the pages on our Web site. Advertisers and analytics providers may transmit cookies.
9. We do NOT handle credit card transactions or social security numbers on our Web site. While we accept donations via PayPal.com to help with our operating expenses, we receive only the notice of the donation from PayPal and whatever personally identifiable information you have provided to PayPal. We maintain a printed record of PayPal donations in a filing cabinet.
10. Our Internet Service Provider, PowWeb.com, tracks identifiable information about your computer, such as your IP address, whenever you visit any page on our Web site. This information is used to track site traffic and to generate daily and monthly traffic reports, through 3rd party site traffic analysis software called AWStats, installed on the PowWeb.com servers.
11. Quantcast.com, an independent 3rd party site traffic analysis company, tracks identifiable information about your computer, such as your IP address, whenever you visit any page on our Web site. This information is used to track site traffic and generate daily and monthly traffic reports. See quantcast.com/aroundindy.com.
12. Google Analytics, an independent 3rd party site traffic analysis company, tracks identifiable information about your computer, such as your IP address, whenever you visit any page on our Web site. This information is used to track site traffic and generate daily and monthly traffic reports. For more information, see google.com/analytics/.
13. Google AdSense tracks identifiable information about your computer, such as your IP address, whenever you click a link in any Google advertisement on our Web site. This may also create a cookie in your computer's browser cache that tracks your use of Google Ads. See https://www.google.com/adsense/.
14. If there is anything that you feel has not been addressed in these disclosures and privacy policies, please contact the Publisher: Feedback Form.
1547 North State Street, PMB 132
Greenfield, IN 46140-1066
editor [at] aroundindy [dot] com
Copyright © 2003-2017, AroundIndy.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
ALWAYS verify the event listings on our Web site to be certain they will be held as scheduled, especially outdoor events.